We do not have 1) a full picture of how people interact with samples, 2) good life cycle based policies, and 3) know when/where different actors are needed (curators, investigators, etc.)
We are going to collect many small use cases that help capture and express the breadth of earth scientists' work with physical samples.
- Create collection of use caselettes.
- Create and disseminate template/process for use case collection to the broader community.
- Share summaries to community to gather feedback on any gaps in use case needs or specific use cases needed for progress of other iSamples working groups.
- Collect additional use cases based on community identified needs.
- In the long term, articulate life cycle practices for different users and potentially develop policies/recommendations.
Co-chairs: Sarah Ramdeen and Andrea Thomer