iSamples Ambassador Program
What does it mean to be an iSamples Ambassador?
It is as simple as joining our team in advocating use of digital sample registration to further the field by building a network. iSamples ambassadors are on the front line of advocating for improvements to physical sample-based geoscience. Using simple steps in their own workflow, ambassadors:
- demonstrate the growing capabilites of cyberinfrastructure
- communicate the benefits of documenting/sharing physical samples and associated metadata
- lead the way to realizing effective data and sample management required as part of sponsored research
Who are the iSamples Ambassadors?
Why should I be an iSamples Ambassador?
- Lead the way to help improve research capabilities and access in your field
- Learn the best practices for sample and data management
- Potentially find new collaborations by sharing samples across disciplines
- Earn an iSamples Ambassador certification
How can I become an iSamples Ambassador?
Register at least one of your physical samples at the System for Earth Sample Registration to understand the process of physical sample registration.
Share information with your immediate colleagues about the goals of the iSamples project.
Be willing to share your own best practices for sample collection, management (digital and physical) with the iSamples Community Engagement / Communications working group.
Invite colleagues to join the iSamples Ambassador Program and register their samples.
The iSamples Ambassador Program came about through the work of the iSamples Engagement and Training Working Group. Learn more and find out how to join here.