Membership in the Council of Data
A data facility is eligible for membership in the Council if it acquires, curates, preserves, and/or disseminates data, software, and/or models for one or more defined communities or disciplines in Council of Data Facilities Charter November 26, 2014.
To request membership in the Council of Data Facilities, please submit an application HERE. (Please allow several weeks for a response. Your application will first be reviewed by the CDF membership committee and then voted on by active CDF members.)
There are four categories of membership in the Council of Data Facilities:
- Category A: NSF-funded not-for-profit or academic data facilities
- Data Facilities and centers with a substatantial portion of their funding and mission associated with the National Science Foundation.
- Category B: Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs) and other federal, state, and local data faciliites.
- Data facilities and centers operated by NASA, NOAA, USGS, and other U.S. federal, state, and local agencies.
- Category C: International, private, and other not-for-profit or academic data facilities.
- Data facilities and centers with a substantial portion of their funding and mission associated with international agencies, private foundations, or other sources.
- Category D: Associate members
- Professional associations, publishers, commercial entities, foundations, and consortia in the geosciences, cyber sciences, informatics, and related domains; and individuals not affiliated with a data facility, but supportive of the Council.
Current Membership of the Council of Data Facilities (members and representatives):
|Category A, B, C, D||Institution||Facility name||Representative|
|D||American Geophysical Union (AGU)||Shelley Stall|
|A||National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis, University of California Santa Barbara||Arctic Data Center||Matthew Jones|
|A||Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution||Biological and Chemical Oceanography Data Management Office||Danie Kinkade|
|B||University of Texas||Bureau of Economic Geology||Beverly DeJarnett|
|A||University of California At San Diego||CINERGI/DDH||Ilya Zaslavsky|
|A||Scripps Institution of Oceanography||CLIVAR & Carbon Hydrographic Data Office (CCHDO)||Steve Diggs|
|A||Community Surface Dynamics Modeling System (CSDMS)||Greg Tucker|
|A||Consortium for Ocean Leadership||Doug Fils|
|A||The Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Inc. (CUAHSI)||Martin Seul|
|A||Continental Scientific Drilling Coordination Office||Anders Noren|
|B||Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere||Chris MacDermaid|
|B||U.S. Geological Survey||Core Research Center||Lindsay Powers|
|A||University of New Mexico||Data Observation Network for Earth (DataONE)||Rebecca Koskela|
|A||University of Colorado||dbSEABED||Chris Jenkins|
|A||University of Texas at Austin||Digital Rocks Portal||Masa Prodanovic|
|A||National Solar Observatory part of Associated Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA)||DKIST Data Center||Steve Berukoff|
|B||National Center for Atmospheric Research||NCAR Earth Observing Laboratory||Steve Williams|
|D||Earth Science Information Partners - ESIP||Erin Robinson|
|A||Environmental Data Initiative||Corinna Gries|
|D||Fundamental Technologies, LLC||Jerry W. Manweiler, Ph.D.|
|A||Scripps Institution of Oceanography||Geological Data Center||Karen Stocks|
|B||U.S. Department of Energy||Geothermal Data Repository||Arlene Anderson|
|A||IEDA (Integrated Earth Data Applications)||Kerstin Lehnert|
|B||University of Alabama-Huntsville||Information Technology and Systems Center (ITSC)||Sara Graves|
|A||International Ocean Discovery Program||Paul Foster|
|A||IRIS (Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology)||IRIS DMC||Tim Ahern|
|A||National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis||KNB Data Repository||Matthew Jones|
|A||Magnetics Information Consortium (MagIC)||Nicholas Jarboe|
|A||National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON)||Tom Gulbransen|
|B||National Snow and Ice Data Center||Donna Scott|
|A||Rutgers University||Ocean Observatories Initiative||Ivan Rodero|
|B||NASA JPL||Physical Oceanography Distributed Active Archive Center (PODAAC)||Jessica Hausman|
|A||University-National Oceanographic Laboratory System (UNOLS)||Rolling Deck to Repository Program (R2R)||Suzanne Carbotte|
|A||UCAR, University Corporation for Atmospheric Research||UNIDATA||Mohan Ramamurthy|
|A||University of Maryland||Susan Winter|
|A||University of Rhode Island||Yang Shen|
|C||World Data System||Mustapha Mokrane|
Last updated: 26 October 2017