The C4P Synthesis Workshop was held Wednesday May 13, noon to Friday May 15 noon, at Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, 61 Route 9W, Palisades, NY 10964.
- *** NEW Synthesis Workshop Report ***
Some documents and links mentioned during the workshop
- Geoscience 2020: EarthCube report
- Geochronology Report: It's About Time: Opportunities & Challenges for U.S. Geochronology
We suggest that participants familiarize themselves with the following resources, to prepare for the discussions.
- Recommendations from Workshop 1 and 2 (Draft to be further expanded.)
- Workshop 1 Report (Paleobiology)
- Workshop 2 Report (Computing with Geologic Time)
- C4P Webinars
The workshop will focus on two themes:
- “Alliances, Consortia, Councils, & Committees - How can the C4P community continue the RCN for long-term impact?”: We aim to identify opportunities for networking, coordination, and collaboration of the many C4P-related communities into the future and beyond the lifetime of the C4P project. This will be done in the light of
- the EarthCube Test Enterprise Governance
- Emerging activities/projects, e.g.: Paleobiological Data Consortium, Open Core Data, Interdisciplinary Earth Data Alliance, Deeptime Data Infrastructure, etc.
- Existing organizations, e.g. professional societies, programs such as STEPPE
- Possible future proposals
- “Advancing adoption & implementation of leading practices developed and recommended by C4P workshops”: We will review recommendations that have come out of the first two C4P workshops and generate action items to advance adoption and broader implementation.
- What developments can be validated and adopted, and how?
- How can the C4P community work with EarthCube Building Blocks (BB) & Conceptual Designs (CD) to advance adoption of leading practices and standards?
- Where are the outcomes of BB & CD going in the future for C4P and other RCN participants?