TITLE: Strategy and Roadmap for EarthCube Technology and Architecture
NAMES OF SESSION LEADS:
Yolanda Gil (USC/ISI), TAC Co-Chair, TAC LC representative, EC member, committed to attending
Jay Pearlman (J&F Enterprise), TAC Co-Chair, EC member, committed to attending
This session is intended to gather feedback from the community on the strategy and roadmap for EarthCube technology and architecture being developed by the EarthCube Technology and Architecture Standing Committee (TAC).
TAC oversees the technology and architecture development of EarthCube to assure that EarthCube infrastructure is community-driven, supports standards for interoperability, and incorporates advanced technologies to become a commonly used capability that supports scientists on their research efforts. TAC goals include:
- Providing stewardship of the architecture concepts and specification documents. Stewardship includes providing access to documents and change management for those documents. Provide a forum for synthesis of conceptual design and architectural approaches for EarthCube.
- Ensuring coordination between technology development and scientific requirements, coordinating testbed processes and other mechanisms for development and validation of cyberinfrastructure components for utility in science use cases.
- Facilitating alignment of EarthCube funded projects to foster technology integration.
- Providing recommendations for accommodation and incorporation of different standards in EarthCube.
- Identifying gaps in coverage of needed cyberinfrastructure capabilities, and determining recommendations on how to fill them.
- Developing recommendations for monitoring and assessing performance of EarthCube infrastructure to ensure EarthCube is meeting end user needs.