The Internet of Samples in the Earth Sciences (iSamples)
The iSamples RCN seeks to advance the use of innovative cyberinfrastructure to connect physical samples and sample collections across the Earth Sciences with digital data infrastructures to revolutionize their utility for science. The ultimate goal of this RCN is to dramatically improve the discovery, access, sharing, analysis, and curation of physical samples and the data generated by their study for the benefit of science and society.
- The iSamples Research Coordination Network, the CRESCYNT Coral Reef Science and Cyberinfrastructure Network, and the SeaView Integrative Activity will jointly host a lunch-time forum on physical samples in the ocean sciences at the OSM meeting. To learn more and to register, please click here.
- iSamples Workshop II: Science, Samples, and Cyberinfrastructure took place Jan 25-27th, 2015 at the Renaissance Computing Institute (Chapel Hill, NC). See photos and comments at #iSamples. The workshop focused on analyzing the outcomes of the four iSamples working groups and synthesizing them into an actionable plan for implementation. Outcomes of the workshop are being summarized at the moment and will be made available on the iSamples web site. To learn more about the iSamples Research Coordination Network, please click here.
- An Early Career Forum was hosted jointly by iSamples and the C4P RCN at the 2015 fall GSA meeting in Baltimore, MD.
- The iSamples RCN hosted a breakout session entitled "The iSamples RCN Survey & Working Group Activities: How Can We Maximize Impact for EarthCube?" at the 2015 EarthCube All-Hands Meeting in Arlington, VA.
- The iSamples Stakeholder Alignment Workshop was held Jan. 28-30th, 2015 at UT Austin.
- An Early Career Forum was hosted jointly by iSamples and the C4P RCN at the 2014 fall AGU meeting in San Francisco, CA.